SLOW ROASTED BBQ SALMON WITH CHARRED CORN & DILL YOGURT
SLOW ROASTED BBQ SALMON
- 1 side of salmon
- 3-5 tbsp of BBQ Rub
- Olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Place salmon skin side down on an elevated perforated double pan with about a 1 cup of water underneath, the salmon should be elevated high enough so that it’s not touching the water at all
- Coat flesh side of salmon in olive oil
- Season generously with the BBQ rub until all the flesh is completely covered
- Place in the preheated oven and roast for approximately 25 to 35 minutes, the cooking time will vary according to the size of the salmon
- The salmon is ready to remove from the oven when the flesh is semi firm to the touch or reads to an internal temperature of 130 degrees
- Remove and allow to cool, refrigerate
- Once fully cooled down, the salmon will be ready for plating and the flesh will remove easily and flake with a fork
Makes 1 ¼ cup, store for up to 4 days in the refrigerator
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp fresh dill (minced)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
BBQ SPICE RUB
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. old bay seasoning
- 2 tsp of mustard powder
- Mix with a whisk to combine thoroughly. Store in a cool dry place for up to 3 months.
CHARRED CORN SALAD
- 12 ears of corn, husked, charred on grill and cut off cobb
- 1 cup red onion, minced
- 6 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 cups of sungold tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup (loosely packed) fresh basil leaves, large leaves torn
- 1/3 cup (or more) fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Whisk together olive oil and lime juice
- Add the rest of the ingredients to combine and season to taste
ROASTED BEEF AND HEIRLOOM TOMATO BRUSCHETTA
- 1 pound thinly sliced roasted beef—tri tip, angus sirloin whatever you want to use—Beef tenderloin would be perfect, season with salt and fresh ground pepper, seared and roasted in oven or grilled until desired doneness
- Two large ripe heirloom tomatoes—sliced into 4 pieces each tomato
- About 12 ounces fresh mozzarella—sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 bunch of arugula, cleaned
- 6 slices country bread or other rustic European type bread
- Sea salt, fresh ground pepper, high quality extra virgin olive oil
Garlic Butter – Mix Together
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) softened butter
- 1 tbsp grated high-quality parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp. chopped Italian parsley
- To make the garlic bread, spread garlic butter on both sides of bread and on a grill or in a pan or under a broiler toast bread to a golden brown.
- To assemble, place garlic bread on a platter, place arugula on bread, sliced tomato and season lightly with sea salt, fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced beef, season beef with sea salt, fresh cracked pepper and then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil
GRILLED GLOBE EGGPLANT WITH HEIRLOOM CHERRY TOMATO SAUCE
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 pints heirloom cherry tomatoes
- sprig of rosemary and thyme
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, add garlic, and cook for about a minute.
- Add tomatoes, rosemary and thyme, and increase heat to medium high.
- Cook and stir occasionally until tomatoes burst, about ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Let cool cover and refrigerate.
- When serving bring to room temp.
GRILLED GLOBE EGGPLANT
- Slice eggplant into discs about a half inch thick.
- When eggplant is fresh you don’t have to salt to get rid of bitterness.
- Preheat grill or barbecue and dip eggplant into your herb marinade. Place eggplant on outside edges of barbecue—low heat and grill, turning often and basting as you turn. Eggplant is done when it is soft and lightly brown.
- To plate, put sauce on platter, place eggplant on sauce, layering. Season lightly with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Garnish options, burrata cheese, fresh grated Parmesan cheese, basil oil or julienned fresh basil.