We’re thrilled to welcome you to our 4,000 square-foot al fresco dining room to enjoy a meal with us. As the health and safety of our guests and staff remain our utmost priority, we continue to operate in accordance with all local and state requirements for Covid-19 related sanitation and workplace guidance. Take a look at the procedures and safety measures we have in place:
● Reservations are now available and strongly encouraged for dine-in service.
● All high touch point surfaces are sanitized frequently.
● HEPA filter air purifiers have been installed in our restrooms with a UV light to help kill viruses.
● Three times a month, the entire restaurant undergoes disinfectant cleaning for infectious diseases and viruses.
● We have installed automatic, no-touch soap dispensers in guest restrooms and all 5 staff-accessible hand sinks.
● Hand sanitizer is available throughout the restaurant for guest and staff access.
● Upon check presentation, guests will get sanitizer disposable wipes and single-use pens.
● Check presenters are cleaned and sanitized after each shift.
Additional Guest Safety Measures
● Water is offered upon request with a sealed, single-use capping to ensure no contamination.
● Beverage refills will be a full new glass replacement and not a pitcher to avoid contamination.
● Single-use, paper menus will be utilized.
● Tables will not be preset; silverware comes rolled in a napkin.
● Salt and pepper will be available in a single use ramekin upon request.
● Enhanced safety and sanitation procedures will be posted visible to guests along with recommendations in line with local and state regulations.
● All employees have gone through our staff Safety, Health and Sanitation Training to stay informed about food safety as it relates to COVID-19.
● Vaccinated employees working outside are not required to wear a mask.
● Proper glove use and frequent hand washing is enforced.
● Pre-shift, daily temperature checks are required for all employees.
● We have partnered with a testing facility to have all staff tested for COVID-19 free of charge every two weeks.
● Employees that have a fever, feel sick or show symptoms of being sick will be sent home.
● Employees that have a fever for more than two days or miss 2 consecutive days of work must see a doctor and be cleared to return to work.
We will continue to monitor guidelines put forth by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and local agencies and make changes as needed. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.