Farmhouse Pastry Chef, Mark Stovall, shares his holiday cookie recipe that embodies the flavor of Holiday magic!Ingredients:
8 oz. butter, softened
2/3 c. powdered sugar
1t ground ginger
1t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground cloves
3/4 t salt
2 c. flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. With a mixer on low speed, cream butter, sugar, molasses, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt until smooth and well combined; stopping mixer and scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
3. When mixture is well combined add flour and mix on low speed just until dough forms. Knead slightly by hand if necessary to make dough smooth.
4. Dough can either be rolled out and cut into shapes or scooped into small balls and placed onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. Sprinkle it with sugar if desired.
5. Bake 5-8 minutes, rotate pans and bake another 5-8 minutes (depending on size of cookies) until lightly browned and slightly firm. Let cool for a few minutes then place on a rack to cool completely.